Tuesday, June 30, 2009

heart: payday - hate: Ally/GMAC

I heart payday. Who doesn't? You check your bank accounts, the numbers are higher..you earn more interest, the money grows, you can retire to Colorado or Florida or California and have webchats with your kids/grandkids, while polishing your yacht for the next voyage...payday is great.

I hate Ally Bank/GMAC. First, they rebrand and change their website without telling the customers, and on day 1, the redirect fails, so i have no idea how to get to my money. Nice tech job. NOT. Finally after calling i get "oh yeah, we have a new site now: ally.com". YAY!! I had to call to find this out??? Then today (payday - see heart above) i am supposed to see a deposit to my Ally savings account. Do i? NO!!! They apparently changed their routing numbers this month, and again, DID NOT tell any of their customers!! WTF Ally?!?! So now, i'm missing a fairly large chunk of money. Wachovia says they disbursed the funds, Ally says they didnt get it. They said the old routing number "SHOULD" be working. Well, its not. I have lost trust in Ally as a company, and especially as a financial institution. I hope i can find another online savings account with rates as high. Or maybe even not as high, but trustworthy systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment